Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets
374A Cambridge Street in Burlington, MA.
CALL Now! 617-966-4240 Or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.
Puppy Bus to and from Day School available to:
Medford, Somerville, Arlington, Lexington, Winchester, Woburn, Wakefield, Billerica, Burlington and more!
Is it possible to turn the world into a gentler, kinder, safer place through dog training?
That may sound like a strange question, but hear me out...
Hi, my name is Bette Yip, and I'm the owner of Picture Perfect Pets Dog Training & Pet Portrait Photography, and I'm crazy about the power of positive reinforcement as a training method.
Central to my approach:
1. Create an environment in which it's hard to make mistakes and easy to do good stuff.
2. "Notice the Good Dog" and "pay" (reward) for everything you don't hate in a situation.
3. Nothing In Life Is Free - use love, play, toys and all your dogs daily calories as rewards.
4. Teach your dog "what to do when..." Dogs are great situational learners!
5. Teach your dog words/behaviors you can use to guide your dog's behavior (come, sit, wait, leave it, drop it...)
Teach and treat your dog with love and kindness. Teach your family and friends to do the same. Then sit back and notice... How does this positive approach to the relationship with your dog start to filter into everyday interactions with other living creatures, including fellow humans?
It is in that way that I believe positive dog training can actually help make our world a kinder, gentler, safer place.
Call (617) 966-4240 or email email@example.com to learn about our Puppy Day School, Group Puppy & Dog Training Classes and In-home Private Training today. Also ask about our pet photography so you can reward yourself for training work well done!
New Puppy Parents, LOOK!
Perfect Puppy Raising "Recipe" - as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. For best results, puppy trains with our instructors for least 20 consecutive school days of Puppy Day School.
Most puppies start school around 8 or 9 weeks of age, once the first of the 3 sets of puppy vaccines have been given.
2. Puppy Perfect - a 6-week Basic Training course for YOU to attend with your puppy. (Bring as many human pack members as desired--the more the merrier!)
3. Private Dog Training to target any behavioral problem solving needs. Private Lessons are also great if you just enjoy the benefits of additional one on one private coaching in real world environments.
Not Just for Puppies!
Adolescent or Adult Beginners and Adopted Dogs:
Sometimes our Doggy DoRight Group classes are a suitable starting point for these dogs, but very often, private training for behavioral problem solving is the first priority. Contact us today so we can make the best suggestion for your specific dog and situation! Call (617)966-4240. Prefer email? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVICES AT A GLANCE:
Day School (drop off dog training program) for puppies. All breeds welcome!
"Slumber Parties" - Puppy / Dog Boarding (for dogs who qualify for our Day School, Daycare programs)
Pet & Family Portrait Photography - at our place, or yours.
Gift Certificates in any dollar amount--a great gift for all dog owners, especially New Puppy Parents.
Day School: Open Monday - Thursday, 7 am - 6:30 pm (except holidays, snow days and winter break.)
Private, in-home dog training lessons available by appointment--book far in advance!
Call for group dog training course start dates and events schedule: (617) 966-4240.
NEW PUPPY-- In the best of all possible worlds, you should plan for all three of these:
1. Puppy Day School (all puppies 8 – 23 weeks old): For best results, plan to send your puppy to at least 20 consecutive school days. Your pup will also have one on one or small group training time with one or more of instructors each day, as well as structured play sessions designed to help develop impulse control and the ability to follow cues despite the distraction of super-fun playmates dancing around nearby. Keep in mind that the window of easy socialization closes around 12 weeks of age and that the brains of young puppies soak in learning like a sponge, so the sooner you enroll your new puppy in our Puppy Day School and the more often your pup attends during their first few months home, the better the results you'll see!
2. Puppy Perfect 6-week Group Course for the Whole Family: Sending your puppy to our Day School does not get you off the hook for integrating training and socialization into daily life routines! In order to make your puppy's training stick, you need to follow through consistently at home. Puppy Perfect will teach you the skills you'll need to do this.Skip this component, and you may end up with a puppy who behaves nicely at school—only. Your puppy’s progress with following cues (no matter what the situation and no matter who asks) will be much better and faster if you participate in a Puppy Perfect group course along with sending your puppy to our Day School.
3. Private In-Home Lessons: There are certain things that can’t be effectively taught in the school environment.
* Is your puppy barking at sounds in your home?
* Do your puppy and children play inappropriately with one another?
* Does your puppy still pull on leash in certain situations?
* Has your puppy shown signs of developing anxiety or aggression?
* Has your puppy discovered the joy of digging in your yard?
Ask us about having one of our private dog training instructors work with you and your puppy right in the environment where the troubling behaviors happen.
For more on early puppy socialization, including why it's not only safe, but necessary, please Google the AVSAB Position Statement on Puppy Socialization.
To accommodate our innovative Puppy Day School service and expanding curriculum, in January 2014, we moved from the small area we had been renting from PDDC (formerly Pawwtopia’s Doggy Day Camp) in Arlington, MA to a 3,600 square foot facility all our own in Burlington, MA.
ADOPTED DOG? – Contact Us: (617) 966-4240!
Some dogs may get what they need from our group dog training courses for the whole family, including Doggy DoRight – Level 1, Doggy DoBetter – Level 2 and extracurricular courses and workshops like "Dog Tricks Just for Fun" and "Puppy Power for Fun and Fitness."
Others will need private dog training lessons at home or on “field trips” out in the real world. Many will need some combination of both services. The best thing to do is to send an inquiry through this site, or call us at (617)966-4240 to let us know your situation so we can tailor the best program for your particular dog.
Choose Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets: a Boston area favorite for dog training and pet photography!
Boston.com's A-LIST 2014, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training and 2nd Place in Best Pet Photography
Boston.com's A-LIST 2013, 2nd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2012, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2011, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Readers' Choice Awards Winner for Best Trainer from Beantown Tails
Boston Magazine's Best of Boston 2006 for Best Pet Training School
If you are considering in home dog training, below are some of the locations within the Boston area that we can travel to. Travel surcharge may apply to some locations. Call for details: (617) 966-4240.
If your town or city isn't mentioned here, feel free to contact Bette to inquire about dog training services in your area!
Bette Yip also offers fine pet & family portrait photography. As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words." Click over to her portrait photography portfolio, and let the images speak for themselves.
Bette Yip's Picture Perfect Pets Dog Training & Pet Photography
Located in Burlington, MA | Serving the entire Boston area!