with award winning positive dog trainer, Bette Yip...
Q: Is it possible to turn the world into a gentler, kinder, safer place through dog training?
A: That may sound like a strange question, but hear me out...
Hi, I'm Bette Yip, owner of Perfect Pet Parenting, and I'm Crazy about the Power of Positive Reinforcement as a training method.
My Approach to Dog Training & Behavior Modification:
1. Create an environment in which it's hard for your dog to make mistakes, but super easy to do good stuff.
2. "Notice the Good Dog" and "pay" (reward) your dog for every behavior you "don't hate" in a situation. (Reward for all acceptable behavior, in other words!)
3. Nothing In Life Is Free (aka NILIF) - use love, play, toys and all your dogs daily calories as rewards.
4. Teach your dog "what to do when..." Dogs are great situational learners!
5. Teach your dog words/behaviors you can use to guide your dog's behavior (come, sit, wait, leave it, drop it...) These are very useful when used with the right timing for redirection.
Teach and treat your dog with love and kindness. Teach your family and friends to do the same. Then sit back and notice... How does this positive training approach to the relationship with your dog start to filter into everyday interactions with other living creatures, including fellow humans?
It is in this way that I believe positive dog training can actually help make our world a kinder, gentler, safer place.
Outside of Bette Yip's In Home Dog Training service area? No worries! Call (480) 788-2131 or email Bette@BetteYip.com to enjoy the convenience and savings of Online, Virtual Private Dog Training with Bette Yip today!
Choose Bette Yip - a Boston area favorite for dog training for over a decade...
now offering Dog Training Worldwide Online!
Boston.com's A-LIST 2014, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training and 2nd Place in Best Pet Photography
Boston.com's A-LIST 2013, 2nd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2012, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
Boston.com's A-LIST 2011, 3rd Place in Best Dog Training
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Readers' Choice Awards Winner for Best Trainer from Beantown Tails
Boston Magazine's Best of Boston 2006 for Best Pet Training School
Need in home dog training with Bette Yip IN PERSON? Bette currently serves the following cities and surrounding areas:
Dog Training in Hays, KS
Dog Training in Great Bend, KS
Just ask when Bette Yip will be in your area!
--Perfect Pet Parenting with Bette Yip